- INFORMATION COLLECTION
Information You Provide to Us
- Payment Information:If you use the Site to make purchases, we will also collect certain payment information, such as payment card, PayPal or other financial account information, and billing address. A third-party payment processor collects that information; we do not store your credit card information.
- Non-Identifying Information:We also may collect other information, such as ZIP codes, and other information regarding your use of the Site (“Non-Identifying Information”) or from you in response to surveys. Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers in a way that enables you to be identified (for example, combining information with your name). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information, but Verno will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
- General Audience Site:The Site is general audience and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children younger than age 13. If we become aware that a child younger than 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files.
Information Received from Third Parties
Information Collected from Users Automatically
We and our third party service providers, including advertisers, analytics, and third party content providers, may automatically collect certain information from you whenever you access or interact with the Site. This information may include, among other information, the browser and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to the Site, the search terms you entered into a search engine that led you to the Site, areas within the Site that you visited, and other information commonly shared when browsers communicate with websites.
The technology used to collect information automatically from Verno Users may include the following:
- Cookies:Like many websites, we use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We use both persistent cookies that remain on your computer or similar device (such as to save your registration ID and login password for future logins to the Site and to track your compliance with any Verno applicable policies) and session ID cookies, which expire at the end of your browser session (for example, to enable certain features of the Site, to better understand how Verno Users interact with the Site and to monitor aggregate usage by Verno Users and web traffic routing on the Site). You may be able to instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Site.
- Web Beacons:We may also employ software technology known as “web beacons” or “tracking tags” to help us keep track of what content on our Site is effective and to serve relevant advertising to you. Web beacons are small graphics with a unique identifier that may be invisible to you, and which are used to track the online activity of Internet users. Web beacons are embedded in the web pages you review or email messages you receive. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Site, to monitor how Verno Users navigate the Site, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened, or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts:An Embedded Script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Site.
In addition, we may use a variety of other technologies that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes and we may use third parties to perform these services on our behalf.
How We Respond To Do Not Track Signals
Please note that your browser setting may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online service you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, Verno does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
You may register to join the Site directly via the Site or by logging into your account with a third party social media service via our Site (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, and other third party services that let you sign in using your existing credentials with those services). If you choose to register via a social media service, or to later link your account on our Site to your account with a social media service, we will use Personal Information you have provided to the social media service (such as your name, email address, gender and other information you make publicly available via the social media service) to create your account. Note that the information we collect from and through a social media service may depend on the privacy settings you have with the social media service, that site’s terms of service, and the permissions you grant to us in connection with linking your account with the Site to your account with a social media service. Other than what we may share with the social media service as described below, the Personal Information a social media service has about you is obtained by the social media service independent of our Site, and Verno is not responsible for it.
The Verno Site also may permit additional interactions between it and a third party website, service, or other content provider, such as enabling you to “like” or share content to a third party social media service, or to share content from a third party social media service to our Site. If you choose to “like” or share content, or to otherwise share information from or via our Site with a third party site or service, that information may be publicly displayed, and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of our Site (and we may have access to information about you from that third party). Please note that your relationship with any social media service is governed solely by your agreement(s) with such social media service and your interactions with third parties through social media or similar features are governed by the respective privacy policies of those third parties.
You represent that you are entitled to use your social media account for the purposes described herein without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern the social media service, and without obligating Verno to pay any fees or making Verno subject to any usage limitations imposed by such social media service. If your social media account terminates, then functions enabled through the link between your Verno account and your social media account will terminate as well.
- USE AND RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Verno may use information collected through the Site, including your Personal Information and Device Identifier, in order to:
- process your registration with the Site, including verifying the information that you provide to us;
- provide you with services or information or fulfill transactions that you have requested or otherwise agreed to receive;
- send you special offers from us, artists on our Site, our advertisers, or third-party business partners or other third-parties that we believe may be of interest to you, and to tailor content we display to you, including offers we present to you, both on the Site and elsewhere online or offline;
- publish promotional material, including in such material Community Postings that you have made;
- allow you to participate in the public areas and other features of the Site;
- provide customer service to you, including, without limitation, to respond to your questions, complaints or comments;
- contact you with regard to your use of the Site or, in our discretion, changes to the Site's policies;
- improve the Site or our services, and for internal business purposes;
- for legal and regulatory compliance; or
- INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- Service Providers:We may employ third party companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf, such as to host the Site, perform Site-related functions (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and online advertising, payment processing, fraud detection and improvement of Verno’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information in order to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- Marketing By Business Partners or Other Third Parties:We may disclose Personal Information about you to selected business partners or other third parties who we believe may be of interest to you, and they may send you marketing offers or similar information directly. If you want to opt-out of such sharing with third parties for marketing purposes, you may notify us at [email protected] If you later decide that you no longer want to receive communications from a third party, you will need to contact that third party directly. You also may request, sometimes through your use of a social media service or similar interactive feature or third party application, that we share information about you with a third party and we will typically do so under those circumstances.
- Internal and Business Transfers:Verno may share information, including Personal Information, with its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets (including, in each case, as part of the due diligence process with any potential acquiring entity) or in the event of bankruptcy.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions:We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a "Promotion") that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice, likeness or other indicia of persona in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion's official rules, such as on a winner’s list.
- THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS, AD SERVERS AND SIMILAR THIRD PARTIES
Verno works with (or may in the future work with) network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers, and other vendors to provide us with information regarding traffic on the Site, including pages viewed and the actions taken when visiting the Site; to serve our advertisements on other web sites, within mobile apps and elsewhere online; and to provide us with information regarding the use of the Site and the effectiveness of our advertisements. Our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to and activity on the Site as well as other web sites or services, they may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device (including cookies and web beacons), and may use that information to show you targeted advertisements. Some of these parties may collect Personal Information when you visit the Site or other online websites and services.
While we may use a variety of service providers to perform advertising services, some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI”) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. You may want to visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members. You may also want to visit or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and offers an “opt-out” by participating companies in the DAA Self-Regulatory Program. Please note that opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of being served advertising, and you will continue to receive generic ads while online.
- YOUR CHOICES AND OPTING OUT
Registered Users may update their choices regarding marketing communications you receive from us through your online account. You also may opt-out of receiving marketing e-mails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those e-mails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Site (for example, administrative and service announcements) via email and other means and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications. If you choose to receive text messages from us, you may change your mind and opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP” to any text message received.
- CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION OR CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information, and you must update any changes through your online account. If you would like us to delete your account in our system, you can do so by sending an email to us at: [email protected]. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request; however, certain information will actively persist on the Site even if you close your account, including messages you posted to the Site. In addition, your Personal Information may remain in our archives and information you update or delete, or information within a closed account, such as your purchase history, may persist internally or for our administrative purposes. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete information from our databases. In addition, we typically will not remove information you posted publicly through or on the Site. Bear in mind that neither you nor Verno can delete all copies of information that have been previously shared with others on the Site.
Verno takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about Verno Users. The Site uses https: security on all pages. All Personal Information provided to the Site is encrypted using industry-standard technology when transmitted over the Internet. We comply with the Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standards and, as noted above, credit card payment transactions are handled by third-party processors, not ourselves, and we do not store your credit card data. But no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Thus, while we strive to protect your personal data, Verno cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Site contains links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who provide us with personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, one time per calendar year, information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses.
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please send your request to the following email address: [email protected] or write to us at the following mailing address:
Verno Customer Support
You must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the subject field of your e-mail or include it in your writing if you choose to write to us at the designated mailing address. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We will respond to you at your mailing address or, at our option, your e-mail address. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- CONTACTING US
Verno Customer Support